If you’re doing keyword research on the cheap (or 100% free) then Google Ad’s Keyword Planner is a great tool to get you going. If you have a new Google Ads account or have never run a campaign in expert mode then finding keyword planner is a bit tricky. In this quick guide we tell you how to access Google Keyword Planner with a new account or in smart campaigns mode.
If you are in expert mode and are trying to find keyword planner then reference or guide on how to access Google Keyword Planner in expert mode. If you are in a new account or in smart campaigns mode (you’ve only run smart campaigns so far) then keep reading below.
Looking for keyword research services? We would love to talk. Check us out and schedule a free consultation.
Part 1: How to Get Into Google Ads Expert Mode
In order to access keyword planner you need to first get into expert mode within your Google Ads account. See the process below to do that.
- Start off by signing up for or logging into your Google Ads account.
- On the top right hand corner of the window you will see a wrench icon. It says “Settings”. Click the wrench.
- On the dropdown menu select “Switch to expert mode”. You need to switch to expert mode in order to access the keyword planner.
- Google wants you to stay in the smart campaign mode. A pop-up will ask you to confirm. Click “Switch to expert mode” to confirm.
Part 2: How to Access Keyword Planner Once in Expert Mode
- Once you are in expert mode within your Google Ads account look at the top right hand corner of your screen.
- You will notice that there is a wrench icon in expert mode as well. The wrench icon now says “TOOLS & SETTINGS”
- Once you click on “TOOLS & SETTINGS” a dropdown menu appears. Go to the left side of the menu and find where it says “PLANNING”
- Select “Keyword Planner” from the list of options.
You can see the steps (once in expert mode) in the screen shot below.
In this quick article we covered how to access Google Keyword Planner with a new account or in smart campaigns mode. This is a fairly straight-forward process once you successfully switch to expert mode.
If you are looking for keyword research services or help with keyword research we would love to talk. Check us out and schedule a free consultation.
3 thoughts on “How to Access Google Keyword Planner with a New Account or in Smart Campaigns Mode”
Pingback: Step By Step: How to Do Keyword Research For Free (Without Paying a Cent) | Macaw Digital Marketing
Pingback: SEO Keyword Research Tutorial: Free Template and Video | Macaw Digital Marketing
Pingback: How to Find High Search Volume Low Competition Keywords (For Free) | Macaw Digital Marketing